Our Environmental Commitment
To be respected by our customers, investors, peers, neighbors, workforce and suppliers for how we manage our environmental footprint in a sustainable manner.
Your actions are key to reducing environmental liabilities and enhancing and protecting the environment in which we operate and live.
NDC Environmental Recommendations
The Changes You Can Make
- Use double-sided printing or use waste single-sided printed paper as scrap paper.
- Ask your vendor if there is a non-hazardous alternative. Reduce packaging to a minimum: both used on our products and from products provided by our suppliers.
- Select easily recyclable materials where possible.
- Reduce cross contamination of materials e.g. paper labels on plastic sleeves.
- Explore national or local waste exchanges for wastes produced at your site.
- If legally permissible, collaborate with other Elsewedy sites to exchange wastes for reuse.
- Recycle or dispose of materials you haven’t used in the last year or two or are out of date.
- Measure things accurately – don’t just guess.
- Purchase goods from vendors who take back packaging or unused materials, wherever possible.
- Keeping items sealed when not in use to avoid contamination by dust and dirt.
We and the Environment
We live in a world where competition for environmental resources is fierce.
Poor management of these resources, be it oil, gas, water, energy or raw materials, and excessive production of waste, results in increased cost, reduced profit and potential for liabilities.
How companies manage these environmental issues is carefully scrutinized by investors, customers and the public at large.
Our commitment to the environment is enacted through our Four Environmental Tenets :
Waste | Water | Land | Energy
Our Four Tenets
You can manage your wastes by reducing the amount produced; handling and storing it correctly; and making sure the people taking it away do the right thing with it. NDC has in place the following Rules to Live and Work By:
- I will ALWAYS look for ways to reduce waste in my work.
- I will ALWAYS put waste into the right containers.
- I will NEVER burn waste unless I am permitted to do so.
You can use water more efficiently by reducing how much you use; recycling what you can; and eliminating contamination from our processes. NDC has in place the following Rules to Live and Work By:
- I will ALWAYS look for ways to reduce the amount of water I use in my work.
- I will ALWAYS look for ways to recycle water whenever I can.
- I will NEVER pour or allow spilled materials to enter sinks or drains unless it is permitted to do so.
You can reduce the potential for impacted land in our operations by making sure you don’t cause impacts through the course of your work. NDC has in place the following Rules to Live and Work By:
- I will ALWAYS handle, transport, use and store materials so spills, releases or leaks do not occur.
- I will ALWAYS ensure storage areas and containers are properly labeled.
- I will ALWAYS report a spill, release or leak and ensure it is cleaned up promptly and thoroughly.
You can significantly decrease the amount of energy you consume by selecting equipment and goods that are more efficient, and by simply turning things off when you are finished using them. NDC has in place the following Rules to Live and Work By:
- I will ALWAYS look for ways to reduce energy use in my work area wherever possible.
- I will ALWAYS turn off my equipment and lights when the job is done.
- I will ALWAYS use energy efficient-rated equipment and goods where practical.